I like different aspects of every season but there is something about autumn that I love, it could be because my birthday falls during the season. I thought I’d share with you, my favourite things I love ;
1. Autumnal scents & candles – I love candles all year round, I literally have a cupboard full and Dave always laughs at me (through gritted teeth) when I say that I’ve bought more but I can’t help but stock up on lots of lovely pumpkin and gingerbread candles. You can never have too many candles can you?!
2. Cosy knits and scarves – it’s hard to beat chunky jumpers and big scarves to wrap up warm in for those early morning walks.
3. Comfort food and homemade soups – I love cooking up stodgy comfort food and soups especially using the slow cooker. Nothing beats coming home after a long day with a home cooked meal ready. My lunches pretty much consist of homemade soups as it’s so easy to make and filling.
4. Hot chocolate and pumpkin spiced lattes – I love hot drinks all year long but moreso in autumn when you can have an afternoon in cosying up watching a film with a hot chocolate. Pumpkin spiced lattes definitely hit the spot as well.
5. Cosy nights in – what better excuse to hibernate than the nights drawing in, pjs on, candles lit and comfort food.
6. Pumpkin picking and carving – one of my favourite autumnal activities to do with Chloe is to go to our local farm and pick the biggest pumpkins then head home and each of us carve our own design ready to put outside the front door on Halloween.
7. Bonfire night – we normally go to a local display and it’s so nice to wrap up warm and watch the wonderful firework displays whilst enjoying a nice hot drink.
8. Crackling fires – I love the crackling of a log fire, it always reminds me of being at Dave’s nanas house when we were younger and she would always have the log fire on and it was so cosy.
9. Sound of stepping on crisp leaves – we’re so lucky to live near the New Forest and I absolutely love going for walks in the forest stepping through the crisp leaves that have fallen, the colours are so pretty as well.
10. Trick or treating – last year was the first year that we took Chloe out for Halloween and she really enjoyed it. It was lovely to see all the effort that the children had put into their outfits. There was a lovely community spirit in the neighbourhood and I can’t wait to take her again this year.
Hope you enjoyed reading and I would love to hear what you love about autumn…